It's been a hectic few weeks. I should have been completing a decompression and deep-diving certification down in North Carolina, but I've spent the last several weeks just tying up loose ends so I can head out on the big trip tomorrow. I guess it's just as well the diving didn't go off; there was too much to do and I wouldn't have gotten it all done otherwise.

But now all - or at least most - of the loose ends are tied up. The house is squared away, Christie is set up to manage it for me and all my stuff is packed in the garage. Today I went down to the local bike shop and bummed a bike box, disassembled Rocinante and packed her away. Tomorrow morning I head for the airport with my bike, my duffle bag and three big honkin' suitcases for Sarah.
I've asked a few more questions of my Brit-Aussie mentor Roff Smith, and he has approved my tentative plan to ride mostly inland from Townsville south to Sydney. He also liked my idea of going with an Aussie GPS bought locally, altho he did note that they didn't have such newfangled frippery back in his day :-)
Next stop: Texas to see Mom for a few days. Then California to see Sarah, then Australia.....
But now all - or at least most - of the loose ends are tied up. The house is squared away, Christie is set up to manage it for me and all my stuff is packed in the garage. Today I went down to the local bike shop and bummed a bike box, disassembled Rocinante and packed her away. Tomorrow morning I head for the airport with my bike, my duffle bag and three big honkin' suitcases for Sarah.
I've asked a few more questions of my Brit-Aussie mentor Roff Smith, and he has approved my tentative plan to ride mostly inland from Townsville south to Sydney. He also liked my idea of going with an Aussie GPS bought locally, altho he did note that they didn't have such newfangled frippery back in his day :-)
Next stop: Texas to see Mom for a few days. Then California to see Sarah, then Australia.....
No comments:
Post a Comment