 |
| At Sarah's place |
I try to be a good son, so I stopped by and saw Mom in Fort Worth, TX for a few days on my way out of the country. We're not huge party animals; our definition of a good time is playing Scrabble and sipping wine, and we did a lot of that. We also saw a really bad movie: The Judge. I kinda wanted to see it and Mom's a good sport, so we burned a few hours of what would otherwise have been good Scrabble time. Oh well. It was great seeing Mom again tho!
Aaaand I try to be a good dad, so now I'm in Ventura CA seeing daughter Sarah. She seems to be doing great; living on her own in a fabulous place with a great roommate a good climate, lots of sunshine, working in a fun job and attending a topnotch school seems to agree with her. Shocker, right? :-)
 |
| Here's the general plan.... |
I'm flying out of LAX at 0840 on the 16th. One overnight in Honolulu (back to
Lockwood Hall!), and then I'm off to Townesville. I'll get there at about 2230 local, so I've reserved two nights in a local fleabag hotel. I'll get there, go to the hotel, sleep. Wake up, assemble bike, ride around Townsville, but a GPS. Tweak the bike and load it up, ride it around a bit more just for good measure and have dinner somewhere. Next morning I'll leave the duffle bag in the hotel room, point my nose south and start riding....
No comments:
Post a Comment